Tournament Check-In Procedures
- Teams should check in to the main tent at least 15 minutes before the start of their first match to receive their team’s color pinnies, if required. The VSA shirts must be worn as the team’s uniform unless they have their own team shirts and special permission has been granted by tournament staff.
- All team players will need to be named on team’s roster and need to provide proof of age at check-in.
- Team must be ready at the scheduled field 5min prior to start to check in with the referee.
- Players, coaches, and spectators are expected to conduct themselves within the spirit of the Law as well as the letter of the Law. Displays of temper or dissent are cause for ejection from the game and surrounding field area.
- All Referee decisions during game play are final and can not be over ruled.
Tournament format will be set based on final registration numbers. The tournament will be administered in the following way:
- Teams will play a round robin group. After those games, the teams will be rank by seeding, 1st seed playing the 4th seed and 2nd seed playing the 3rd seed, with the finals being played right after. Each team will play at least 3 games.
- 3 points for a win, 1 point for draws, 0 points for a loss.
- Playoff rounds will be constructed in the following way:
- the first tie-breaker is goal differential
- second is goals against
- third is head to head
- final tie breaker will be a coin flip
- Qualification for knockout rounds will depend on registration and division make-up.
Tournament Rules of Play
FIFAs Laws of the Game will be used as the basis of all rules with the following modifications:
- All players must wear proper equipment to play in all matches. Shin guards must be fully covered by proper socks. Any items that have hard plastic or metal parts are considered dangerous and not allowed to be worn during play.
- If a team is unable to field a proper team within 5 minutes of the scheduled start time of the match that team will forfeit the match and the opposing team will be awarded a 1-0 victory. If neither team is able to field a proper team on the field both teams will forfeit the match to be recorded as a 1-0 defeat for each team.
- The field of play has been modified to suit the number of players and field locations.
- All games are two 10 minute halves, (2-min break) total 20 minutes per game.
- Teams are allowed unlimited substitutions so long as two of each gender remains on the field. Substitutions are on-the-fly.
- Round robin games will end in ties at the end of regulation play; games played in the playoff round will play a single 5-minute, golden goal overtime to begin immediately after regulation time expires. If still tied teams will go to a 3 round penalty kick shootout. If the shootout is tied after three rounds a sudden death shootout will commence until a winner is decided.
- Penalty shootouts must include at least one shooter of each gender in the first three shots. Any player may who played during that game may shoot.
- Slide tackling is not allowed and can be considered either a foul or playing in a dangerous manner as determined by the referee.
- Yellow cards are not cumulative and do not carry over from previous matches.
- Referees will send players who have received yellow cards off the field for at minimum a 2-minute “cool down” period. They may be replaced on the field of play.
- Any player receiving a red card shall be disqualified from current match as well as the next match. Any player receiving a second red card during the tournament shall be banned from all remaining matches.
Open 3v3 Rules here